Don’t you just love that moment when you realise that your favourite celebrity is just like you, especially when it’s because of the quotidian things you share? I had my moment last night while watching the Oscar’s, when Lupita Nyong’o who, like many a girl (me), chose to stash just one thing in her impossibly tiny but perfectly matched to her lewk clutch - lip balm.
Why? Because all the money in the world can’t make you happy when your lips are so dry you’re licking them every two minutes and unwittingly coming on to everyone in the room, something Lupita knows only too well.
The lip balm in question? Clarins’ HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm, which the actress fished out of her clutch and dropped into Ellen’s (Pharell’s) hat as payment for that impromptu Oscar’s pizza party.
Since Ellen is now the proud new owner of Lupita’s lip balm (she took one look at the little blue tube and decided to pocket it for later), I have a couple of things I’d like tell her about her newest acquisition because - cue squealing - I own that exact same lip balm! That lip balm is my jam! See, Lupita? We’re totally alike! Call me!
Now Ellen, about that balm:
- This is not a regular lip balm. It will give you the softest lips of your life, but first you have to unlock the secret to using it correctly.
- Do not use it for touch ups during the day, like most do. Sure, it imparts a bit of a sheen and so you might want to use it instead of your regular lip gloss, but a balm of this calibre is wasted on this.
- Instead, apply some right before you go to bed (be sure not to kiss it off). The balm will melt right in to your lips. This is good. Now let it do its magic overnight.
- When you wake up the next morning, rub a soft cloth over your lips. You will now be left with incredibly soft, pillowy lips that require no further applications of lip balm during the day.
- I’m not kidding - just apply your regular lip colour and get on with it. Your lips will stay soft all day.
- A teeny, tiny bit is all you need, so you’ll probably never run out. But if you do...
- You can totally come over and borrow mine. Bring Lupita.
Clarins HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm, Rs. 1,500, available at Clarins stores nationwide or with free delivery on Strawberry Net.