Right in the middle of fashion fever, Milan runways were a fresh dose of Italian style inspiration as top designers brought out their most flavourful fashion recipes this season. While it was freezing temperatures for New Yorkers and Londoners, fashionistas in Milan weren't deterred by the rain showers. Here are some of the most inspiring moments from the Milan Fashion Week:
1. Gucci opened the Fashion Week and told us how being unsexy is totally back! Net veils, puffy-sleeved military trench coats, socks with Mary Jane shoes paired with sequin dresses, classic pantsuits, gorgeous fur, and hats in a mesmerizing variety were the highlights. More like androgynous-meets-Renaissance -- very inspiring and absolutely doable even off the runway!
2. Fashion 'It girl' Kendall Jenner slayed it on the Italian runways in a sheer dress as she walked for Bottega Veneta in her slicked back hair, blue Mary Jane shoes and a blue bag.
3. Everything hands-free, ladies! Including your micro bags. So this is clearly the new way to sling your bags -- not around your arm, or your shoulder, but around your neck or along with your belt, as Prada says. The sailor hats, military trenches, pretty corsets, lace-up boots and hand-warmers -- everything to instantly fall for!
4. Thigh-high leather boots are what we're digging at Fendi! In a fascinating range of colours, which complemented an otherwise dark palette of the apparel collection, Fendi was on top of its game. With ruffles, fur bags, crazy-cool sunglasses and capes we cannot deny, Karl Lagerfeld made sure there was nothing not to love.
5. Adriana Lima looked stunningly classy as she walked for Versace in a navy blue coat, with collars, belt, boots and gloves in black leather, and the perfect fur sling bag to go with! And then we saw Karlie Kloss making taxi colours oh-so-cool in a short dress and choker as she strutted with not one, but two bags!
6. We absolutely cannot get over the minimalist-yet-bling collection at Max Mara. Long coats and capes in grey and taupe, silver and golden stripes with hints of black gloves, jumpsuits, classic loose fit pants and leather gloves -- a mix of casual-formal, work-party, we loved it all.
7. It was prints galore at Roberto Cavalli's show! But what totally wowed us was the pairing of canvas shoes with formal outfits. Models were sent in matching denim separates, a lot of ruffles, an overload of prints, jumpsuits and classic stoles!
8. Emilio Pucci's was a combination of a ton of abstract prints in a multitude of pop colours. Oversized coats, V-necks, camouflage, colour block and leather boots were taking over the runway!
9. In an largely monochrome palette, Giorgio Armani's collection was all about sartorial silhouettes, a lot of velvet, formal pantsuits to die for and everything with a touch of glam! And oh, how can we forget, a lot of the sheer outfits also stole our hearts!
10. Rainbows and stripes, houndstooth and chevron, Salvatore Ferragamo brought cool prints back and how! It was like an optical illusion on the ramp, minus the eyesore.
11. Moschino's was easily our favourite on the Milan runways. With goth-glam dresses, covetable leather caps, boots that are made for walking and coats that catered to everyone's fancy, this jaw-dropping range is what we totally want!
12. Here's a shout out to Cinderella fans -- here's your chance to live that fantasy. Dolce & Gabbana put out fairy tales on the runway this time around. Models, oh wait, dolls, tiptoed down the runway in sequin dresses that dreams are made of.